Job: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Posted Date: 2017-06-13 |
Closing Date: 2017-06-30 | Viewed: 1873 times
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Job Category: Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
Min Education: High School Diploma
Work Status: Full Time
Under general direction, organizes, monitors, and supervises facility maintenance operations; performs a variety of technical tasks relative to facility maintenance; provides technical assistance to the general manager.IMPORTANT: Only applicants with valid driver's license and valid work visa for Dominica will be considered.
1. Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for facility maintenance.
2. Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
3. Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
4. Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment; monitor budget expenditures.
5. Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare
documents for equipment procurement; prepare specifications and contracts for contract services.
6. Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques.
7. Develop and organize preventative maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment.
8. Coordinate construction projects, remodels, and other special projects.
9. Assist in the preparation of various contracts, requests for proposals, and reports.
10. Perform the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit.
11. Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of facility maintenance; incorporate new developments as appropriate into programs.
12. Coordinate with contractors in providing contract services.
13. Answer questions and provide information to the management and guests; investigate complaints and recommend.
Operations, services, and activities of a building maintenance, repair and construction program.
Materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and
construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and
finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
Basic principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration.
Equipment, tools and materials used in facility maintenance activities.
Construction and project management principles.
Principles and practices of safety management.
Office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications.
Learn new technical systems and networks such as solar and turbine powered systems and networks, cistern networks, pool systems, IT and electrical networks.
Organize, implement and direct facility maintenance operations and activities.
Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
Interpret and explain pertinent department policies and procedures.
Develop cost estimates for supplies and equipment.
Perform the most complex maintenance duties and operate related equipment.
Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with the public.
Develop and recommend systems and procedures related to assigned operations.
Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Two years of college level course work in business, management, engineering, or a related
Four years of increasingly responsible facility maintenance experience including some lead
License or Certificate:
Possession of an appropriate valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Environment: Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Salary and other details will be discussed directly with selected applicants.
You need to be a logged in Job Seeker to view Company Contact Details and Applying Options. If you don't already have a Job Seeker account, click HERE.